UK TANGO CHAMPIONSHIP
The World tango dance tournament (in Spanish: Campeonato Mundial de Baile de Tango, also known as Mundial de Tango) is an annual competition of Argentine Tango, held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, usually in August, as part of the Buenos Aires Tango Festival organized by the city's government.
The World Cup competition is the final leg of a series of pre-competitions held around the world.
Allowed Countries to Participate in UK
Eligibility to Enter
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old by the date of the competition.
- Contestants may participate in both the Pista (Salon) Tango and Stage Tango categories. However, no contestant may participate more than once in the same category, regardless of whether they do so with a different partner.
- Dancers of any nationality are eligible to apply for the competition, but applicants must prove that they have been residents for at least one full year (by the date of the competition) in any of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine,Uzbekistan and UK.
- All participants must confirm their registration at the time of accreditation and Check-In. The presentation of the identity document (birth certificate, passport, rent contract or similar) to certify the place of birth or residence in one of the countries conforming the area covered by this preliminary is mandatory to obtain accreditation. Both members of the couple must be present with their documents at the accreditation process and Check-In; accreditations cannot be done by one member.
- The Championship fee for one Competitor and one Category is £90. For one Competitor and Two Categories is £100. These fees has included the Golden Passes for the Marathon (6 milongas)